You might have seen an increase in the avocado items we’ve had. It’s that time of the season again, from spring to summer, California is having a banner season. We have had an avocado salsa on burgers, a BBQ chicken avocado flatbread, a melted cheese avocado chicken sandwich, and our croissandwich, salad, and burgers have options to add slices of yummy avocado on them. Its been super popular, and we’re glad to have fresh, in season veggies and fruit to offer. We pride ourselves on having quality ingredients at their peak of freshness in our food to offer you creative dishes to enjoy. Yay avocado!
Take and Bake: Linquini and Meatballs, with a side salad and garlic bread.
Hot special: Bacon avocado burger with a side of fries.
It’s finally here. We are opening for in seating dining starting on Wednesday 5/27. We are opening according to the latest state guidance and will be observing distancing and other guidelines to assure a safe dining experience. We are expanding the outdoor seating to the west windows, and the patio will be open!!! We will probably have order at the counter, then a food delivery to the assigned tables, but we’ll figure it out to make it a good experience.
We will still have take out options and be able to use our smartphone app to order and pay ahead.
Come see us!!!
Gov Polis has released some draft guidelines on how restaurants should follow that we have reviewed, but has not released a final date for when in dining services can resume in an safe manner. So far, Bonbons already does or has in place almost all of the items being requested, besides some formal signage that we are in the process of getting printed and put up. Here is a preliminary list of Colorado’s guidance, subject to change:
- Provide take out options (we do this already)
- To go alcohol will still be allowed (Yay!)
- People waiting for to go food will be directed to a certain location away from seated diners (we will put up signs on where to wait, it will probably easier to wait outside)
- Outdoor seating will be allowed, limited to TBD
- Indoor seating will be allowed, limited to TBD
- Bar seating will be closed as we use that to prepare drinks
- Tables will be 8 feet apart (we might need to close one high top table)
- All employees will wear masks and gloves (we do that already)
- Enhanced sanitization procedures (we do this already)
- Party size will be no more than 6 people seated (We do this already)
- Reduce congregating, no communal seats, no self service (we do this already)
- Post signs on health and distancing (We will have this done)
- Provide sanitizer (we do this already)
- Employee related restrictions on how we handle food, change out gloves, sanitize and do health checks for employees (We pretty much do this already, except for forehead temp check which is with the health department for a clarification on equipment to be used)
Stay tuned. Official guidance will be released soon as well as an official date to start seated dining. When we do this, we will have signs, instructions, and our staff will be trained and be able to instruct customers as we open up. We will still have an online app, take out, and phone in orders.
We look forward to moving to the next step safely to provide a clean safe dining experience even in these odd times.
I made this up today from Sadies prompting. Take local Teakoe pomegranate tea, add local Talnua gin, and add house palm syrup, a spritz of soda water and bam, an instant success. Try one!
Summer is almost on us, and boozey milkshakes will be coming back once Little Man starts up production. In the meantime, stop by and see what Randy has whipped up. I think some blackberry tea is being made tomorrow! Suggestions?
Yay moms! We think moms shouldn’t have to cook on their day, so we are making it easy. Several quiche and a French toast bake option. And since Mothers Day falls on a Sunday, what could be better than Prime Rib? Yes, it’s back for another round this week, and ready for a Mom favorite. Pre-order to save your spot, our fresh beef is limited!
Bonbons is still open as a Colorado essential business, but are subject to several rules still from the state and several local governments. We can not open for in-seating dining yet, and will remain doing pickup, and delivery. We have an app that you can order and pay ahead on. Even though the Adams County stay-at-home and State safer-at-home orders expire on May 8th, we have not gotten any clear direction on how to proceed to open our seating and our patio, or when any liquor laws will change regarding take out liquor.
We have done several different chicken dishes so far the last couple of weeks. Sometimes it’s over rice, sometimes over pasta. Chicken marsala, lemon caper chicken, red pepper puree chicken over rice, and chicken Alfredo. We want to keep doing different dishes to spice up the menu while we are home. Come check out the different dishes. We mix it up daily!
The great debate is if cheesecake should be fluffy (my favorite) or NY style (Sadie’s favorite). We make both styles at the bakery and had a fluffy one on Sunday which sold out in 5 minutes after we posted it. Oops, we should have had more. Sorry to those who didn’t get to have a piece (we only did 8 pieces, and had cherry or blueberry as toppings). Sadie has said we will have more this week and we will post here and on social media. I think it’s NY this week. Stay tuned!